Aer Rianta International re-opens store at YUL Montréal- Trudeau International Airport.
Aer Rianta International (ARI) has today re-opened The Loop international store at YUL Montréal- Trudeau International Airport. The store has been closed since 24th March, in line with the government order for the closure of all non-essential outlets to contain the spread of coronavirus.
ARI’s team in North America has taken a wide range of measures to protect and enhance the health and safety of its passengers and the ARI team. These measures have been clearly communicated to customers through video and written communications so that they can plan their airport shopping in advance. Measures include;
- Extensive staff training on all new safety measures.
- It is mandatory that at YUL Airport all staff and passengers wear a face mask.
- Socially distanced and simplified queue management systems are in place, with floor graphics and signage visible throughout the stores.
- Cleaning processes have been enhanced including sanitising of frequently touched products and surfaces.
- Hand sanitising units are located throughout the stores.
- Protective screens are in place at checkouts.
- Customers will now scan their own boarding cards at the checkout desk.
- Use of contactless payment is encouraged although the stores will continue to take cash for those passengers that want to use up the currency in their wallet.
The transborder store at YUL Airport will remain closed for the moment until the Canada / USA border reopens. All other stores within ARI North America will remain closed for the moment.
Speaking about the re-opening, Jackie McDonagh, General Manager, ARI North America said “We have been working extremely hard over the last number of months in collaboration with our brand partners and the airport teams to prepare for this momentous day. We have taken every measure possible to ensure the safety of both our staff and our customers and are genuinely excited to be back to business. We have an incredible campaign supported by once in a lifetime commercial offers to enhance customer experience as they come back to our stores”.
“I am looking forward to opening our other stores in Winnipeg, Halifax, and Québec City when the time is right” she added.
Passengers will very soon, have the option to save time at the airport and shop online as ARI prepares to launch its new website for YUL Montréal- Trudeau International Airport. Using the Click & Collect convenience service, customers will be able to shop online up to 90 days before they fly and collect their purchases in-store on departure. The website will be available to passengers within the next 30 days.
Other ARI stores currently open are at Bahrain International Airport, King Khalid International in Riyadh, Cork and Dublin in Ireland, Beirut in Lebanon, Larnaca and Paphos in Cyprus and ARI’s operation at Qatar. ARI Global Teams are sharing customer behaviour learnings, best practices and innovative experiences across the group to enable delivery of the ultimate customer experience in this new world.