- Research conducted before we redeveloped T1, Dublin highlighted the importance of gifts and treats in the confectionery category.
- This prompted a candy shop concept being proposed.
- To build the best airport confectionery store in the world, the ultimate pre-flight diversion.
- A genuine “Destination shop”.
- Engage non spending passengers and entice impulse purchases.
- We consulted local school children to help nail the design and concept .
- Create a bright, fun and visually appealing store, literally a swirl of colours, candy and merchandise.
- Frontier Award Winner for Best Speciality Concept 2015
- Confectionery sales have increased by 77% in T1, Dublin Airport.
- Concept has been exported to Auckland and Bahrain with more opening in the pipeline.
“We believe it’s locations like Candy Cloud that help make traveling a special moment-in-time for families. We are delighted with the outcome, especially the way the store looks and the positive feedback we have received.”
Simon Knapp, Sales Director —EMEA, Indian Sub Continent & Americas, Mars International Travel Retail